Monday, June 4, 2007

Week 7 - Learn 2.0

Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I did the Adventure.

I researched Web 2.0 applications for scrapbooking but didn't find anything that really made sense. So, then I searched for decorating. Ran across this mashable.com site that lists news. There was an article talking about an upcoming, not yet released site called mydeco.com. So, I looked at another decorating site called curbly.com - it looks like it has some neat stuff in there. I can see a lot of use for the 2.0 with decorating. Tips and ideas, a good way to share crafts. Somewhere in that mashable site, I then got a link to cricket social networks, so I looked at one called crictv.com to pass on to my husband.

In an unrelated move, I played with the gardening construct on the Virtual Gallery, too cute. I was working in IS when they were discussing the idea, and it came out really good.

Now, someone needs to teach me how to get those 2.0 applications to do the actual decorating work for me..... sure beats standing at the paint counter at Home Depot for 15 minutes and not having a single staff member bother to come see what I needed. Guess I'll buy paint at Lowe's. But it's so easy to paint online.... wish it were that easy IRL.

No comments: